I have a love hate relationship with one of the aspects of my job – conference exhibitions! There is so much planning that has to go into such an event. Decisions regarding what items will be on display, what will the display look like? How will the display be shipped and when? Now add to this complicated process multiple meetings happening at the same time in different locations. Somehow we pulled it off successfully and learned a few lessons along the way to make it easier for the future including:
- Pack extra FedEx forms for shipping
- Have a spare tool kit to fix any broken display items – duct tape for sure!
- Extra shoes! Carry the heals and wear the sneakers. Makes for a much easier setup and you can change later
- Hand carry essential items in case of lost shipments
- Sweaters and Jackets to layer in the cold air
- Extra batteries for mobile devices
- Something shiny to attract those who pass by (our pens won hands down!)
Biggest piece of advice? Always register for the exhibit space early so that you can hand pick your location! Corners by the food always get you good traffic flow.